“WE STRIVE TO SUPPORT AND EMPOWER NEEDY AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN TO REACH THEIR FULLEST POTENTIAL”
Since 1999, we have been working to safeguard some of the most vulnerable and needy children and their families in Thailand, many of whom have been affected by HIV/AIDS, abandoned, orphaned, some trafficked and others with significant medical or social problems that have marginalised them from an already poverty stricken and deprived community within which they live.
Over the years, we have also provided opportunities for our UK donors to visit Thailand to see for themselves the extent of the positive impact their comparatively modest contributions can make.
- Families kept together within their community
- Support to obtain formal Thai citizenship for child migrants
- Children to be respected, protected, treated as individuals and equals
- Children progressing to further education, achieving appropriate qualifications (including degrees) and better job prospects
- Better health education and prevention, especially with sexual health issues and HIV/AIDS prevention, using Peer Education and community leader supportive networks.
We have recently re-named our charity to become “UK Care 4 Thailand”. This has enabled us to improve and focus the support we give to our families and to expand how and to whom we continue to extend our help and care. We provide our support in the North East of Thailand (Isaan), which remains one of Thailand’s poorest regions. The children and families there are some of the country’s most vulnerable and needy.
As a registered UK Charity, all our Trustees work with due diligence and probity to fulfill charitable objects. Our meetings are fully minuted, our finances verified and openly and transparently published. Our goal is to pass on at least 88% of donations to the projects and organisations we support.
We have a very loyal and supportive donor base and we fully recognise and appreciate the trust given to us to ensure donations are effectively applied.
We take great care to work collaboratively with trusted, well lead Thai organisations who both help us achieve our Objects whilst providing regular and accurate feedback on the impact of donations received.